Monday, April 25, 2016

Serving in China

Nihao

I've never heard so much Chinese in my life!

Okay let me back up.

A long time ago (maybe a week or so) in a land of rolling hills,
shrouded by bamboo trees swaying in the careful wind, there lived a
sister missionary. She had only just begun to understand this strange
lands language. Always striving with her might to understand the
rough, yet beautiful sounds of Japanese. However, one day, this sister
missionary got a new companion. To her surprise, this companion was
not at all like what she had learned so far. This new companion was
from a far away land under the name of Taiwan, across the waves and
into another land of language incomprehensible for the common, like
this sister missionary.



Okay, but really. My new companion and I transferred into the other
Saijo Shimai area and literally all of our investigators are Chinese
and my new companion, Sister Lai, is from Taiwan. It's been helpful,
but I have no idea what is going on. What a good way for me to stay
humble. You think youre doing good, then there is a twist in the plot
and you cant understand anything again. It's great! But we are getting
along really well so far. She seems to like me and the area, so we are
having a good time. We are excited to work hard and see some things
happen. So yeah, I am still in Saijo, I just switched to the other
bedroom. Haha.

We had a few lessons this week with our investigators. They all went
well. I still don't know a lot about them, so we will see what happens
from here out, but we have a lot of hope that this transfer is going
to bring a lot of blessings!

My week has been pretty boring, otherwise. We had to clean the
apartment and set it up for the transfer. It kind of took a little bit
of time. We had regular Dendo and stuff, so it wasn't too exciting.
There isn't much for me to report.

This letter is really short, but I really can't think of anything else
to say. I am happy things are changing but it is also kind of
stressful. But that's normal! I love you all and hope you have a good
week!

Shoutout to my MOM who has a birthday! Yeah! You survived another
year! Happy birthday!

Love, Raines Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment