Thursday, January 21, 2016

Indo Curry and Indians

Konnichiwa Kazoku,

Do you how do? (Someone please name that show...and episode...)

I love this Sister. She is so funny!

This week we went to Sendai for district meeting. The STL's happened to come on that day and it was kind of bad timing because we didnt really get to dendo together, but we had fun together and stuff. Its like an hour and a half train ride out to Sendai and then back. But we got to get some really delicious indian curry. It is becoming a new favorite. It is so good and so terrible for the bowels. Really though. Do they have Indo curry in america? I mean like in Utah? I never tried it until I came to Japan, but you should all go eat it if there is a place you can go to. Well, maybe make Kenzie and Scott try it out first then all go ;) I dont know how sketchy it would be in America.

Indo-curry. Instant happiness and diahhrea. With cheese nan of course.


Speaking of Indo Curry...We housed into these Indian people yesterday and they were speaking English to us and I literally had no idea how to contact them in English. I never talk about missionary stuff in English. Always when we are talking to people about our message or what not it is always in Japanese and its always really similar. So when they were talking about nature and Hinduism and had really strong opinions and it was all in English I couldn't get my brain to think fast enough. It was terrifying. We left them with our flyer and afterwards we just laughed so hard. They thought we were so dumb, I am sure, but it sure gave us a fun time. 

Car dealership.

We met with our investigator this week and she was really happy. We havent seen her since before Christmas because she was pretty sure she was going to drop us but we met with her and we had a member joint and she was telling us that her husband was starting to ask her questions about our religion! He is curious now instead of just completely opposed! She is so amazing. She was telling us that she has been praying and reading in front of him to really show him that she believes this and apparently they drove around the church together because he was curious. It is an amazing turn around! It is still really slow going, she cant come to church yet but we are praying so hard that she will be able to be baptized. We really want to see that happiness in her life. It would be such a miracle. It really just showed me how the Lord works. We don't always know where someone is in their conversion but God does and even when we aren't looking He is working with them. It truly is amazing. 


Taniyama.

There is an Eikaiwa (English Class) student that has been coming for a few years and a little while back Styles Shimai and I approached her and gave her a Book of Mormon. It didn't really go far but just this last week we had a lesson with her and she asked really great questions and really wanted to understand what we were saying. The Elders have been working with her a little bit because she likes them better (haha) but hopefully we can build a relationship with her enough to have them pass her to us. We are excited to see where it goes from here. When she prayed she cried a little bit and it was really sincere, so we are hopeful. 

This past week I have had over and over again in my head play the famous words from our prophet President Hinkley, "Forget yourself and go to work." I have been making small little goals every day to help me improve. It is so hard to get caught up in ourselves and how we are personally feeling or how much success we are or aren't having and comparing ourselves to others rather than just being grateful for what we have and happy for the success of others. It has been interesting this week as I have made these small goals that I have felt a lot of freedom from negativity. I would invite you all to try it. It goes back to the whole "What Lack I Yet?" talk from conference. If we try just to improve one thing a day we can grow so much more than just not doing anything at all. I know it works and God wants to help us. We all can utilize the Atonement. It is not only there for just sins or trials but to overcome weaknesses and to help us on our way back to Heavenly Father. 

I sure love you all. I pray for you often. 

Love, Raines Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment