Monday, January 11, 2016

To Grandma's House We Go

Konnichiwa Kazoku!

How are you all doing? Mom, I am glad to hear the doctors are still helping you that is a good thing! I will continue to pray for you and hope everything gets better soon! I love you! 


This week I did some really very Japanese things! We went to a members house for lunch this week and she (Sister Ota) let me and sister styles put on kimonos! It was so much fun! I dont have any pictures on my camera because my battery died, but she printed some out for us so I will send those home. It was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed it. They are the nicest couple. They fed us curry and a LOT of fried chicken and they gave us some mochi and zensai bean soup and it was really good. 


This week I finished my Lesson Mastery! In Preach My Gospel there are little outlines for each lesson, a short, medium and long lesson outline and in order to get your "lesson mastery" you have to pass them all off to a Senior companion or a member or a District Leader, etc. It is a lot of work and I finally finished! And now I get to do it like 4 more times. Haha. I have a goal to be able to do it before I go home! We had interviews this week so I was able to pass that into the Assistants and I got the little pin they give us and I got a Preach My Gospel in Japanese! It was really cool, and I am really excited. I did it! 



We were housing and we prayed to know which side of the street we should house and we picked this one side and the first door we knocked on was this old guy. In my head I was going "oh boy" because he started tell us how he is Buddhist and how he doesnt believe anything we believe and all of these things but I kept asking him questions and we kept talking to him and eventually we talked about the Book of Mormon and he accepted it and then he let us in and his wife came out and they fed us this special food you only eat on the 7th of January and they gave us juice and it was a little weird but I took a picture with them because they were so cute.  They were telling us all about their kids and where they are and what they are doing and I was just in heaven. They were so adorable. We called them grandma and grandpa after we left because I forgot what their real name was. We want to go visit them again sometime soon. They are so cute and they really were so kind to us!

I have been feeling a little down this week but I read a scripture that really lifted my spirits. Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things." I really felt that this was true for me this week. I felt a few times that it was too hard to do one thing or another, or I just didnt have it in me to teach something or talk to someone but I was able to do it all because I was able to rely on the Lord for my strength. I know that we really can do all things through Him.

This week we taught our investigator Fukuyama San the Plan of Salvation. We were able to share with her the "Because of Him" video and we could see that she was feeling the spirit really strongly. We haven't been able to commit her to be baptized, but we know that she will be when she is ready. We are excited to keep teaching her. Have you all seen that video? If not you need to watch it! It is really powerful!

Our other investigators have been pretty quiet lately. We have been having a little bit of a hard time getting people to meet with us after the holidays. It has been interesting. New Years lasted until the 7th and then today was another holiday, so we are kind of confused why they have so many holidays but its been fun! We went up to the Kagoshima branch and we helped them clean their church today and then we made mochi! Mochi is rice that is cooked and then literally smashed with wooden hammers until it is sticky mashed up and then you eat it! You can put anko in it or put it in soup or whatever. We ate so much and it was really good and really fun!




We have the Sister Training Leaders coming over today in order for us to do splits. It will be fun. I am excited for this week. I hope it is one of the best. 

I love you all and pray for you often. 

Love, Raines Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment