Friday, February 12, 2016

The Carpenters and Costco Pizza.

Konnichiwa Kazoku!

This week we did so much!

On Tuesday we took a Shinkansen 🚄 to Fukuoka and went to Missionary
Leadership Council. It was so good and enlightening! I really enjoyed
it and got to see some friends I haven't seen in a while! It was fun
to be back in Fukuoka! I love that place. We had to report on our area
and what we were planning to do for Zone Training and it went well. I
really like Egan Kaicho and Shimai. They always show us a lot of love.

Yes, Shibayama Shimai and I are STL companions. Yes, we usually only
speak Japanese. My apartment usually only speaks Japanese so hopefully
it will help my language! I am surprised how much I have been able to
communicate.

Then on Thursday we had Zone Training. Me and Shibayama Shimai had to
teach a thirty minute part. We taught about being fishers of men and
using time effectively. It went alright I guess. Everyone seemed kind
of bored, but I guess I am a boring person so, it kind of fits. But
the best part of Zone Training was... COSTCO PIZZA! Yes! There is a
Costco in Hiroshima and we had the Senior Couple buy it for everyone
and it was SO DELICIOUS! I had like four pieces. It was so good. Oh I
miss American pizza. Enjoy it for me!

We have done so much Dendo this week. Hours and hours of finding. But
we found this family from Egypt who said we could come back next week
and talk to them for a little bit about our message! It was so funny
because we were really stunned to find them, and they only spoke
English and then their next door neighbor was from Mongolia! It was
crazy! Saijo is really an international place. Obviously there are
more Japanese than not, but it's kind of fun to find people who are
from different places from around the world.

Well, we did a lot but I don't have much else to write so I will tell
you something funny about Japan. They love the Carpenters. Yeah, like
from the old days, Mom. Every time I ask what music people like they
always say, "well my mom always listened to the carpenters when I was
a kid, so I like them." Why the carpenters? I don't really get it. But
in 7-11 the other day, I heard Hall and Oats and also "Raindrops keep
fallin on my head" and it made me so happy. Haha. Any ways, there's a
fun tidbit for ya.

We don't really have any investigators still, but we are definitely
working hard! We put in some good hard work this week so, we know God
will bless us! I am praying for you all! I love you and hope you are
happy and healthy!

Love, Raines Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment