Monday, July 4, 2016

My Second Fourth

Hey Fambly (Konnichiwa Kazoku)

On this blessed, Fourth of the seventh month which we call July, I
extend a warm welcome from the Isles of Japan. My heart goes out to
all who wear blue, white and red in honor of this glorious day. Let us
not forget the true meaning behind all of this pomp and fancy, for it
truly is just that America is Beautiful. The lovely rolling hills
astound us all, the majesty of the mountains with such force and power
behind them, the grandeur of the rivers that flow, however, let us
never forget the simple men and women working to make America what it
truly is...the land of my people. (Shed tear) And the home of the
brave!


Okay, now that's out of the way I hope you all have a great fourth day
of July and are enjoying hamburgers, I almost cried I wanted bacon so
bad this morning, but we will go to McDonalds for lunch probably so
it's close enough. Also, we are all cute and wore red white and blue.
Even our Australian roommate is celebrating with us. (She's a champ)
and yes, for companionship study we sang the Star Spangled Banner.

Let's take a step back into reality and tell you how my week was. It
was great. We have progressing investigators! Three of them! And we
had three member present lessons! It was a miracle above miracles! And
we can probably see so much more. We have this investigator named
Nakamoto San and she is wonderful. She is so willing to learn. She is
a former investigator but our member, Takahashi Shimai has been
fellowshipping her so well and so Nakamoto San came to church and
fasted yesterday! It was so great! And then we went to dinner at
Takahashi Shimais house and made jyoza! It was so good! We are
planning to extend a baptismal invite soon and it should be wonderful.

We also met this random girl this week (actually two) who listened to
our short message and then just wanted to take a picture. So I will
send those to you.


It has been getting ridiculously humid and humid. It's getting hot too
but its the humidity that's killing me. The winter wasn't bad but now
I am literally just sweating. Let's get down to the nitty gritty.
Right? Also, America has some beautiful rolling hills, but so does
Japan. I think we have biked up some massive ones this week. I am
finding that I have that "Hawkley Sweat Gene" and it's quite
embarrassing. Not to mention the fact that I'm already sweaty.
However, it's been an adventure and I have been bring my little sweat
towel like the cute Japanese people so it's been great. What a great
work out. Also, the views are gorgeous. Hatsukaichi area is simply
beautiful and I love it.


Well family, I don't have much else to say but to say, I am proud of
be an American. I hope you have a great week. Don't have too much fun.
Save me a piece of that corn! Save me a piece of that corn for later!

I love you! Aishitemasu!

Love, Raines Shimai

PS so super excited for my shirt! And if you haven't sent it can you
put another deodorant in that box? Might be a good call :) I love you!
Sorry I am needy!

No comments:

Post a Comment