Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Happy Buddah Pioneer

Konnichiwa Kazoku!!

Hey! I am so JEALOUS that you are all at the cabin! I thought you werent going this year and was relieved. You should have told me sooner so I could let it sink in. I am so jealous. I honestly think that Island Park and the Cabin is my favorite place on the whole earth. Every time I need a happy place to go, thats what I think of. I wish I could be there with you all. But I am happy that you are doing well and that it is fun. Are you doing a talent show? Tell me who does what and all that stuff. Why didnt Joel or any of them go? I hope you are all happy. Go to Yellowstone! Eat all of the junk food! Thats an order! Actually, speaking of junk food, Ive gained back all the weight I lost. HAHA. Its great. Not really. So much for hot babe raines. Ill probably come back looking the exact same but with a NASTY farmers tan. Its so bad people. SO bad. 

Anyway, while I wallow in self-pity because I am not at the cabin, I will tell you about my week. Here it goes. 

Our investigator dropped us on Monday morning, said she didnt want to meet with us, she didnt come to Eikaiwa like she said she was going to and then randomly on Saturday she said she wanted to meet again so we are meeting with her tomorrow. I hope it goes well and I hope she can really talk to us and let us know what is going on. She seems to be a little confused herself, but we are trying. We have been praying so hard for her and for us to be able to know what we can do for her. 


We biked up another mountain this week. It was so hot and sweaty and hot and steep and long and a mountain. We tried housing up there but no one was listening and the the two potential investigators that we went to visit werent home and one of them kekkoed us. It was kind of sad, but we were so sweaty it felt like we must have accomplished something, right? 

A recently reactivated member who is from the Philippines had her birthday and she has never had a party once in her life so we all went over and threw her a small party and watched the Testaments together. It was pretty cute. Gotta love the Testaments. Oh the cheese. But it always just makes you cry. 

There is this catholic nun lady that we keep running into and she is just really cute. Just thought you should know. She is just so nice to us always. 

We taught the kids at Kodomo Eikaiwa how to play red light green light and they loved it. 

One of the best parts of my week is that MY PACKAGE CAME! It was so happy! I was thrilled. YOU SENT ME RESSES! Thanks Mom! I love you so much! and I loved the shirt and I am trying to work on reading that history you sent me. It is very interesting. She had eighteen children? I freak out about having like two. Geeze she must have been a hard worker. Actually I was thinking about it because it was pioneer day and realized how cushy I have it as a missionary. Those pioneers went through so much. I am so grateful for them! Blessed Honored Pioneer! How was your pioneer day? 

Also, what is the deal with the new Pokemon game? Anyone into it? We were housing and randomly ran into a couple of young women from our ward because they had come outside to look for pokemon. Is it really that big of a deal? It seems so weird to me. But it was kind of a miracle. We found out where they lived and stuff because of it. I guess it has good points to it as well huh? 

We were having like the WORST day of dendo this week. Literally all of the kekkos and all of the mean people. I was not about it. I was literally about to just sit down and give up and then I found this happy little buddah statue and it made me laugh and then the next house we knocked on was this grandma who let us in and she gave us juice and all of that good stuff! It was a miracle.God really knows when we need help! It was just such a small miracle but it made me happy. I always think about that flecks of gold talk and I just always feel like what we are doing is sufficient for the Lord. God truly is watching over us! 


I hope you are all happy and healthy. Dont float down the waterfall when you go tubeing!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

I LOVE YOU ALL!!

HAPPY PIONEER DAY AND CABIN WEEK!

Love, Raines Shimai 

P.S. I realized this letter makes no sense. Sorry. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment